Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Running SOATest Web Scenarios on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Speedy993
Speedy993 Posts: 52

I have a small web application that I created a number of SOATest web scenarios to do some regression testing. We are using SOATest as part of our automated build process for our IBM Message Broker systems and are looking to at expanding SOATest to our web applications. The issue I am having is that the web scenarios don't run on the server, which is using Windows Server 2012 R2 and Internet Explorer 11. IE opens to the application search screen but does not go any further and then the test eventually times out. Everything runs fine on my local version of SOATest (9.10.8) but not on the server. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be? Could it be security and/or authorization issues? Are there certain settings in Internet Explorer that I should look at?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Best Answers

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Did you change all the security and protected mode settings as described here?
    Configuring Internet Explorer Settings

Answers

• Speedy993

Thank you both! I found that I had most of the settings configured as needed but the one that tripped me up was the Active Scripting in the Security tab. Once I enabled that setting, IE would run the scenarios.
    I do have a followup question about running in headless mode. The browser window in still being displayed with all of the data entry and link clicks showing despite the Headless checkbox being checked. Is there something else needed to run the scenarios without the browser actually opening? Should I create a new discussion for this question?
    Thanks for your help!

• Speedy993

I tried using the legacy browser playback engine and found that some of the tests did not work as they were supposed to. The lack of a headless mode is not a showstopper but are there plans to get the headless mode working with the Selenium Webdriver at some point?

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

The lack of a headless mode is not a showstopper but are there plans to get the headless mode working with the Selenium Webdriver at some point?

I recall this being a limitation in Microsoft's WebDriver binary for Internet Explorer. In other words, I think Microsoft would need to fix that. I am not aware of a workaround that Parasoft might be able to leverage within SOAtest.