Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Export results to Junit or Nunit - possible?

Options
goofy78270
goofy78270 Posts: 133

After executing a test in SOATest, is it possible to export the results to a Junit or Nunit report.xml?
I see that xunit is supported, but when exporting, I only get an empty xml report as attached. Is there a setting I am missing, possibly?

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options

I see that xunit is supported, but when exporting, I only get an empty xml report as attached. Is there a setting I am missing, possibly?

That option is only for static analysis results, not test execution results.

After executing a test in SOATest, is it possible to export the results to a Junit or Nunit report.xml?

Yes! If you use a CI system for your test automation, like Jenkins CI, then you should use the Parasoft Findings plugin to do this. It publishes the SOAtest test results into the CI system by first converting the SOAtest XML report to junit/xunit format, written to a "generatedJUnitFiles" directory in the Jenkins job's workspace. As an example, I've known a couple users to configure their Jenkins job to use Parasoft Findings to convert the SOAtest XML report to xunit format and then the XRay plugin to publish the xunit report into Jira.

If for some reason you do not use a CI system to drive your test automation, then you can transform the SOAtest XML report to xunit format yourself, like from a script, using XSLT. You can get the XSL file used by Parasoft Findings from here then use some command line tool like Saxon to perform the XSLT yourself.