Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Need unique object properties of Parasoft SOA Test

Sathishk07
Sathishk07 Posts: 8

Hi, For our project we are trying to automate Parasoft SOA test execution by using an automation tool. Automation tool could not identifiy objects in Parasoft SOA test. To overcome these object identification issues, we need unique object properties of Import .tst button and Treeview area under Navigator. Kindly share the details. Attached the screenshots and marked the fields for which unique properties are needed.

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Can you explain what you are trying to do? It's possible that there is a better way to do it than using an automation tool to automate the interaction with the SOAtest UI.

• Sathishk07

We wanted to do End to End Test Automation. Wanted to automate the process of selecting envionment, uploading input test data, storing of Request xml, Response xml, Run and generating Parasoft Report. All these acitivities should happen without manual intervention in Parasoft SOA Test. To achieve this, automation tool should be idenfify the objects present in Parasoft SAO test. Automation tool could not identify some of the objects present. So need information of unique properties of those objects mentioned in attachments. Kindly share

• Hi @Sathishk07,

Did you consider use if SOAtest command line interface (soatestcli)?

It is meant precisely for the purpose you are trying to achieve. Once you have prepared all your end-to-end test scenarios in SOAtest GUI, you just run soatestcli with appropriate parameters, including which test environment to use. It will perform all the tests within your end-to-end scenario, it will collect requests and responses, and finally, it will generate a detailed report.

If i understand your goals correctly, soatestcli is much easier approach to automation compared to emulation of a user clicking through SOAtest GUI. This is what SOAtest command line interface was designed for - to automate your test runs.

• Sathishk07
    edited November 2019

Could you please share web link of how to use command line for Parasoft SAOtest execution. By using commandline, I wanted to parametrize the process of selecting envionment, uploading input test data, Request / Response xml paths, Run the .tst file and finally generate and save the Parasoft Report in a location.

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭

pdf version of documentation you can find in manuals directory from your installation of SOAtest. Look into chapter "Testing from the Command Line Interface - soatestcli"
    You can find also on-line documentation here: http://docs.parasoft.com.
    Here is CLI usage:
    Testing from the Command Line Interface - soatestcli

--
    Ireneusz Szmigiel
    http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

• Sathishk07

Our client does not have license for command line execution. So could you please share the unique properties of the highlighted fields in the attached screenshot

• Sathishk07

Your comments/Response/Inputs would be helpful to me. Kindly reply

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

I believe you need the proper license for test automation, not a "desktop" license.

• Sathishk07

Do we have option to use Parasoft API for executing .TST files ?

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Yes you can do that, but you will need the appropriate license feature for it. I would suggest talking to your Parasoft representative to make sure you have the proper licenses for what your client needs to do.