Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Include tools results into the responder correlation

Options
jesantos
jesantos Posts: 12
edited November 2019 in Virtualize

I have a responder with a DB tool attached to the incoming request, the query used on it is looking for a record in DB using some values extracted from the incoming request by using an XML Data Bank. At response side I need to select my response (I'm using Multiple Responses) based on the incoming request (I'm filtering this by using XPaths) and also I need to consider the result of the query, if the query found records I need to send some responses and if nothing was received from the query I would select different responses, how can I add this validation for my responses?

In other words, Is there a way that I can make correlations based on the incoming request together with the result of a DB tool to select my response? or together with the result of any other tool?

Comments

• jesantos
    jesantos Posts: 12
    Options

Just thought of using an XML Transformer tool, append the DB result to my incoming request and then at the responder correlation I could use XPaths to correlate the new transformed request (which would contain now also the DB result). Is that the best way to achieve this? I just came to this approach but I wonder if there's a better/easier way to do it

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,
    Using the transform tool is probably the best way to go if the query must be based on values in the incoming request. If there is a static query then you could use a DB data source with a data source correlation to more easily map response data to the incoming request.