Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Guidelines for creating a data repository from a definition file

I found the section for information on the data repository, but did not happen to find any info on how to create/populate the repo based on a definition file such as a swagger. Is this possible?

Comments

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    You can create a pva from a swagger definition then if you go to the responder that was created for the desired resource you can populate a data repository by right clicking on the payload in form json mode.

• goofy78270
    goofy78270 Posts: 133

In Form JSON view, populate is not an option. This appears to only be available under Form Input. Is that correct or a bug? Generate Data Repo is available, but the data has to be populated before it can be added to the repo, based on my findings.

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Yes form json currently lacks the populate option that is available in form input. I think it might be helpful if you would contact support@parasoft.com so that someone could more directly help you solve your use case.