Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Extract tag element from request(XML) & save it to external EXCEL file

Hi Team

The requirement is to extract the tag element from incoming request & store it into external excel for further processing.

I explored writable data source is not available for Virtualize. I explored both XML data bank and XML Transformer but both are not updating the excel sheet.

How can i achieve this

Comments

• Just to add

Incoming request have data tag which has to be extracted and stored in external excel sheet whenever it hits our virtual service

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

The requirement is to extract the tag element from incoming request & store it into external excel for further processing.

This thread is from the SOAtest forum but you can configure your Data Bank in a similar way for Responders in Virtualize:
    how to create CSV files (editable in Microsoft Excel) from Data extracted from tests

• Kalaikkumaran_M
    Kalaikkumaran_M Posts: 42
    edited August 2019

Thanks Benken., I will check & update if anything

• Kalaikkumaran_M
    edited August 2019

Hi Team

If I use the above step in Virtualize, I am getting response as only the selected elements not the complete XML

****Ex:

If the below is expected response:****

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

test
    18-Jul-19
    success

****After above step I am getting response as below:****

test,18-Jul-19

Please help ASAP

• Kalaikkumaran_M
    edited August 2019

Any possible solution please

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Could you file a ticket with support@parasoft.com? I think they will be able to better help you by looking at your specific use case with you.

Thanks!