Extract tag element from request(XML) & save it to external EXCEL file

Kalaikkumaran_MKalaikkumaran_M Posts: 41

Hi Team

The requirement is to extract the tag element from incoming request & store it into external excel for further processing.

I explored writable data source is not available for Virtualize. I explored both XML data bank and XML Transformer but both are not updating the excel sheet.

How can i achieve this

Comments

• Kalaikkumaran_MKalaikkumaran_M Posts: 41

Just to add

Incoming request have data tag which has to be extracted and stored in external excel sheet whenever it hits our virtual service

• benken_parasoftbenken_parasoft ✭✭✭ Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

The requirement is to extract the tag element from incoming request & store it into external excel for further processing.

This thread is from the SOAtest forum but you can configure your Data Bank in a similar way for Responders in Virtualize:
    how to create CSV files (editable in Microsoft Excel) from Data extracted from tests

edited August 8

Thanks Benken., I will check & update if anything

edited August 26

Hi Team

If I use the above step in Virtualize, I am getting response as only the selected elements not the complete XML

****Ex:

If the below is expected response:****

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

test
    18-Jul-19
    success

****After above step I am getting response as below:****

test,18-Jul-19

Please help ASAP

edited August 27

Any possible solution please

• williammccuskerwilliammccusker ✭✭ Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi,

Could you file a ticket with [email protected]? I think they will be able to better help you by looking at your specific use case with you.

Thanks!