Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Keil unable to build unit test using library approach

Options
ajcurtis
ajcurtis Posts: 11

Hello,

I am using Keil for our application development. The objective is to create unit tests for our application that will run in the ARMCM4_FP emulator.

For unit testing, I created a "UnitTest" build target that creates a library, verses an executable, of the application code and any non-hardware dependent library functions required by the application. "Project/Properties/Parasoft/C/C++test/Build Settings" have been modified to include the application library in the link line. When I try to compile the unit test "__user_initial_stackheap" is an undefined symbol. (see error message below) Based on the console output it appears that startup_ARMCM4.s is never compiled. (which contains this symbol) I tried adding startup_ARMCM4.s and system_ARMCM4.c in the library build but that did not work.

My guess is that since the uVision project is a library and not an executable, C++test does not have enough information to build an executable.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

C/C++test analysis errors in /etm_ble2/app/app_timer_pool.c

1. Test execution: error linking test executable for Test unit for /etm_ble2/app/app_timer_pool.c.

Error: L6915E: Library reports error: __use_no_semihosting was requested, but __user_initial_stackheap was referenced
Finished: 0 information, 0 warning and 1 error messages.

Comments