Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Running a specified action/test after a test case

Options
deejay220989
deejay220989 Posts: 4

I would like to know if there is a way to do an action after a test case is done.

Here's my scenario: I would like to create a lot of tests for HTTP POST, which updates records. After a test case is done, I would like to revert back the values of my record using another API call, and use it for another test, or use it for the same test.

I believe I can create a Test Suite, and create 2 test cases there, one is the actual test, and another to revert, but if I have like 50 test cases, then I'll need 50 test suites? :(

Please advise.

Thanks!

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

If you don't want to create 50 copies of a "revert" test then consider creating it once as a global tool and then referencing it 50 times. You can reference a global tool as a test or as an output tool. If you chose to add it as a output tool then you can add it in bulk by selecting all the tests you wish to chain it to before opening the Add Output dialog.

• deejay220989
    deejay220989 Posts: 4
    Options

I don't get how can I reference global tool as a test? is there a guide I can follow?

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options

Here are some resources from the docs which may help you:

Use Existing Tools for Repeated Tool Configurations or Tests
    - High level summary about best practices

Global Tools
    - Explains how to create a global tool. After you created one, you can reference it on the "Existing Tools" tab whenever you add a new test or tool output.

Adding Multiple Outputs
    - Explains how to add output tools in bulk, including references to global tools.