Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

I need to perform bulk deployment of stubs in parasoft virtualise

SrivasS5
SrivasS5 Posts: 10

Bulk deployment of stubs need to be done in parasoft virtualise , presently i am deploying each stub individually which is taking too much time. So is there any method in parasoft virtualise so that i can deploy all my stubs at once on my server.

Answers

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    How are you currently deploying them? Is this needed for an automated process?

• SrivasS5

Currently i am deploying it manually and i need to make it a automated process.

• williammccusker

Hi,
    There are a few options. One is to source control the pva file and the pvadd file for your virtual asset, then to automatically deploy the process would be to copy those files into the "VirtualAssets" project of the workspace for the server.

Another option is to use the REST API to automate the upload and creation of the virtualAssets deployment. The two resources to use would be "/files/upload" and "/virtualAssets" below is a URL that if you server is running locally will open the api documentation page.

Example url to api documentation http://localhost:9080/soavirt/api

Let me know if this helps!

• SrivasS5

I am unable to open the URL with documentation

• SrivasS5

Can u please elaborate how can we perform this process.

• Bogdan Czwartkowski
    Bogdan Czwartkowski Posts: 157 admin
    edited July 2019

@SrivasS5 ,

The REST API documentation is provided by your Virtualize Server. So you need to access the documentation using appropriate host and port matching your setup. See here for details:
    https://docs.parasoft.com/display/VIRT9107/Testing+through+the+REST+API

• williammccusker

Hi,

Could you submit a ticket to support@parasoft.com? That way we could more directly help you.