Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Jenkins with slave Linux Virtualbox running cpptestcli

Options
becozlah
becozlah Posts: 10

Hi,
I have a Jenkins job that will perform a svn checkout to a Linux VirtualBox every day. After checking out, the job will perform a make clean and make all operation, before trying to call the cpptestcli command.

The command I ran:
cpptestcli \
-data "../" \
-import "ProjectName" \
-config "ProjectName/myconfig.properties" \
- report "ProjectName/report.html" \
- resource "ProjectName/"

The error I have encounter:
cpptestcli: Version 9.6.1.97 -- Copyright (C) 2016 Parasoft Corporation
cpptestcli error: unable to find Parasoft Test installation
cpptestcli error: .pathto parasofttest file is corrupted or does not exist
Build step "Execute Shell" marked build as failure

I have a symbolic link (cpptestcli) linking to my parasoft directory at /home/jenkins/Documents/parasoft/9.6/cpptestcli.

Is there any reason cpptestcli is unable to find the Parasoft Test installation? Is there any way around this?

Comments

• MichaelC
    MichaelC Posts: 28 admin
    Options

Hello @becozlah,

Can you verify that your .pathtoparasofttest file is pointing to the correct location?
    The .pathtoparasofttest file is a file that contains the hard-coded path to your Parasoft Test installation directory.

You can find this file within the C++test home directory. You can use any text editor to view/edit the file. The file may be hidden if you're using a GUI to find the file.

• becozlah
    becozlah Posts: 10
    Options

Discovered that the problem is not the symbolic link, but that the file .pathtoparasofttest cannot be found. Added the directory "home/jenkins/Documents/parasoft/9.6" to the PATH environment variable and it works properly.