Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Trailing white spaces are being removed from the request body.

Options
Charu_Taneja
Charu_Taneja Posts: 8

Hi,

I have a request body with trailing white spaces which are removed when the test is run. The response received for this request is successful. When i use the same recorded file to create virtual asset and run my tests through SOAtest, it works fine.
However, when the same test is run through CTP using this virtual asset i get Error in Event Logs since the request body does not match. The request body in recorded file does not have trailing white spaces and the request body received from service has trailing white spaces. This results in correlation error.

I have attached the problem statement.

Is there a solution to handle these trailing white spaces in request body?

Comments

• Matt Love
    Matt Love Posts: 92 admin
    Options

Hi @Charu_Taneja

Try switching the SOAP Client in the SOAtest test from Form Input to Literal XML and then add the trailing whitespace in the request body. The whitespace should be preserved in Literal XML request mode.

• Charu_Taneja
    Charu_Taneja Posts: 8
    Options

Thank you @Matt Love . I tried preserving the whitespaces in Literal XML request mode and it worked.