Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

assigning priority to scenarios' is Parasoft SOA Test

Options
sansachie
sansachie Posts: 26

can we assign priority to the TCs' automated in parasoft SOATest? suppose i have 100 TCs to automate, i can group them based on priority ( in same .tst file) while execution i want to execute only P1 or P2 or P3 TCs.

Do we have such an option?

Tagged:

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

The simplest way to do this would be to group the TCs into different .tst files based on priority, and then all .tst files for a given priority are in a different file system folder. Then you could simply choose which TCs to run by choosing the folders that correspond to the priorities that you want to run.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

We generally recommend one tst per requirement. For further levels of organization you should use folders to group tst files together as desired. You can control which tst files are executed based on file/folder path. In the Test Case Explorer you can control scope based on based on selection. You can also configure the scope in the Test Configuration being executed by specifying file/folder path patterns on the Scope options tab. From command line, soatestcli has -resource and -include/-exclude arguments to configure the execution scope.

Tagged