Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

REST GET service working in Postman but not in SOATest

sunilp3
sunilp3 Posts: 2

HI,

I have a GET request which works fine with Postman and fetched all 200+ records JSON response successfully. When tried the same in SOATest it shows StatusCode 200 but doesn't fetch any details and just shows following. No error displayed.

{
"start" : 0,
"total" : 0,
"rows" : [
]
}

Tagged:

Comments

• OmarR
    OmarR Posts: 233 admin

Good morning,

What SOAtest tool are you currently using to send your GET request? Do you see any difference between using a Messaging Client and a REST Client?

Certain characters in your URL may be encoded differently depending on the client tool.Try making your GET call with both clients and check if any discrepancies in the URL exist via the traffic viewer.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

If you are seeing different behavior then you would have to be sending a different request. Please compare the HTTP request headers from Postman vs the HTTP request headers from SOAtest.

• sunilp3
    sunilp3 Posts: 2

Thanks @OmarR @benken_parasoft for your response!

I am using 9.10 version. I got the response with messaging client. Is that recommended to use over REST client? Same request still won't work in REST client.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

You can use either the REST Client or Messaging Client to perform an HTTP GET request.

Please compare request headers from SOAtest vs Postman. There should be a difference if you see different response coming from your application under test.