Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to check assertion status or test result of specific test step

tarunsahu
tarunsahu Posts: 14

Hi,

Can someone please help me check the test result of specific test step..
Or result of previous test step
Or result of assertion in previous test step.

I can do this on SOAP UI But don't know how this works on SOATest.

Thanks,
Tarun

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

It really depends on what you need to check. You can start by looking here:

If you need to do something different than is described in these links please be more specific about what you need to do.

• tarunsahu

Hi @jakubiak, Thanks for your response.

I would like to set the value of a "Test_Indicator" variable to "PASS" or "FAIL" based on the test step result. i.e. if any of the assertions are failed in a specific step (Mostly previous test step) then I would like to set the value to FAIL.

I know that I achieve this by using execution flow option - Execute "Set Value to PASS" script if the test step passes OR Execute "Set value to FAIL" script if the step fails. But, this will introduce two additional extension tools in my test script. However, I would like to do this within single extension tool.

I hope, this clarifies my test script requirement.

Thanks,
    Tarun

• tarunsahu

Hi,

I raised a Parasoft Support Ticket and got below response..

_The only way to check if the previous test passed or failed within the tst would be to use test flow logic as you said in your forum post. There is no value you can pull or access in SOAtest to find out if the previous test or output passed or failed.
    _
    Therefore, I am closing this topic.

Regards,
    Tarun