Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Variable cannot be resolved when run using soatestcli.exe

Wagner
Wagner Posts: 9

I have a test scenario of two tests. The first, sends a value A in a request, and gets back a value B in the response. I store the two pairwise in a writable data source (an XML databank) on the first test. The second test uses the value B in its subsequent request. I have the writable data source configured to overwrite per iteration.

When I run the test scenario in SOATest, it passes fine.

However, when I run the test scenario through soatestcli.exe, the second test fails due to being unable to resolve the variable B.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• Wagner

I tried to work around this by instead of routing the value to a writable data source column using the XML data bank, having the value B go to a test scenario environmental variable. This didn't work in SOATest, nor soatestcli.exe.

However, instead I tried routing it to a custom column name, and that seems to work in both SOATest and soatestcli.exe. --I don't know where it's being stored, because I deleted the writable data source, but it's going somewhere.

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭

Hi Wagner,

could you post your tst field on forum?

--
    Ireneusz Szmigiel
    http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

• Wagner

Hi Ireneusz,

I'm not sure exactly which field you're asking for, my apologies.