Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

cpptesttrace

elch
elch Posts: 95

Hi,

I am running CLI command cpptesttrace and cpptestcli on a C++ project on Linux.
I have a workspace that has many project dependencies.

How can I set up the command line to run in one line command several projects.
1. Create bdf for all project.
2. Run cpptestcli on all bdf files for all projects in worksapce in one line command.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• elch

Hi,

Addition to my question.
    We are building our project with build.sh script with eclipse commands.
    How Do I "wrap" cpptesttrace my build process in order to create one bdf file.
    cpptesttrace ./build.sh -b

Thanks

• elch
    edited August 2018

Hi @Bogdan Czwartkowski

Thanks on the detailed answer & explanation.
    I took second approach where I append to a one single bdf file.
    Some more info on my project.

1. When running analysis via Eclipse plugin there are no issues.
    2. I notice that also there are temp bdf files in .cpptest folder for each project.
    3. My build.sh script include eclipse command to build several projects in a loop.
    4. While going the append approach the bdf is been created for each project...
    5. But the issue is that bdf file is been created , almost empty from content compare to the temp bdf that is been created in the GUI scan.
    6. The bdf consists from the following lines:
      working dir=....
      project_name=........
      arg=gcc
      arg= print-search-dirs

Any suggestions
    Thanks
    Eldad

• Bogdan Czwartkowski
    Bogdan Czwartkowski Posts: 157 admin

Hi @elch,

As of

I notice that also there are temp bdf files in .cpptest folder for each project.

these files are maintained by C/C++test and for the purpose of Eclipse runs. In general, anything under .metadata/ and .cpptest/ is "internal" so if you plan to come up with a process, i would not rely on these files, and treat them as something temporary, that can be recreated.

I would like to focus on:

1. My build.sh script include eclipse command to build several projects in a loop.
    2. While going the append approach the bdf is been created for each project...
    3. But the issue is that bdf file is been created , almost empty from content compare to the temp bdf that is been created in the GUI scan.

I have a bunch of questions at this point, so let us start with the following:

• I would need some more information about #3, on how exactly the build is done.
    • From what I understand, you are using eclipse command line to build your project?
    • It does not use make, or anything else?
    • Woudl you be able to show example commands used?
    • Since the bdf is created, it means the monitoring mechanism is working in general. Is the action captured in BDF ("gcc --print-search-dirs") run by Eclipse build, or by something else in build.sh?
    • Is your build script runing a clean before actual build actions are invoked? If the build was done earlier, and not cleaned, there is possibility that no compilations will be run (since all object files are up-to-date). In such case we would not capture anything.
  • Bogdan Czwartkowski
    Bogdan Czwartkowski Posts: 157 admin

Hi @elch,
    Let us move the discussion to support channel for now. I will contact you by email.