Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Extract the values from Payload request and use in Webpage to display records

soatester
soatester Posts: 5

Dear Experts

I am newbie to SOA test. and my requirement(s) are below with Rest Service and SFTP
Scenario1:
1) Run a POST method with JSON payload.in Request. Here response will be empty only 204 No content status code appears
2) Automatically launch a web page, and records should display, by automatically taking the values from JSON Payload from Request

Scenario2:
1) Run a POST method with a text file (which contains either JSON payload or name-value format) Here also response will be empty only 204 No content status code appears
2) Automatically launch a web page, and records should display, by automatically taking the values from contents of file

Please help.

Thanks,

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Run a POST method

Your first test would use a REST Client tool to perform the POST.

Automatically launch a web page

Your next test would use a Browser Playback tool with Navigate action configured.

• soatester

Thanks! But how can I extract the attributes from Payload and use in launched Web page

• soatester

Please help

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Use a JSON Data Bank to extract the values from the payload. Then in the Browser Playback Tool you will be able to use the parameterized values from the data bank.

• soatester

Thanks! Can this be done without virtualization? If yes, please let me know.. Am using 9.9 version.

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Yes - what we are describing can be done using SOAtest only.

• soatester

Thanks..will try and share the info..