Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Test Execution error

Options
becozlah
becozlah Posts: 10
edited June 2018 in C/C++test

Hi, I am using Parasoft C++ 9.5 with Eclipse Luna C++. My project have multiple build configurations, as I have multiple modules in the project, each with its own main class and functions.
When I create and execute a unit test for project A, the unit test runs perfectly, flagging out failed test cases properly.
However, when I create and execute a unit test for project B, I encountered the following error

C++test analysis errors in /projectMain
1. Test execution: error reading test log for Test unit for selected resources.

Why do I encounter this error for project B, when project A's unit tests works perfectly. Both project A and project B are able to build without errors. Is there any log file or help resource I can refer to, so that I can pinpoint the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• Mirek
    Mirek Posts: 141 admin
    Options

Hi, it would help to see what is printed in the "Console" view when you execute tests for project B. Preferebly with console verbosity set to high (Parasoft Menu-> Preferences->Console-> verbosity level)

• becozlah
    Options

It says that there's "error while loading shared libraries". However, if I run the project, it can execute without errors, so my library paths should be correct. Are there additional settings that I have to set for Parasoft to recognize the library paths in my build configurations?

• becozlah
    Options

Well I found out the answer.

Apparently Parasoft C++ 9.5 with Eclipse Luna C++ does not use the environment variables in the build settings, nor in the run settings. This caused the C++ Test to be unable to find the shared libraries I am using.

Thus to point it to the environment variable, I will need to go Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Environment, and add the correct environment value.

• pedro6655
    pedro6655 Posts: 0
    Options

I have seen your query some days ago. then I took help from Yahoo Support on this matter. But they ask me some more details and I couldn't answer all of the answers. If you want then you can contact them and tell them about your issue.