Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Suppression messages

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in Jtest
How can I get a listing of all the suppression messages for a particular project's analysis? I can display the list of suppression messages, but I can find a way to generate a report. I can't even copy/paste the messages into another Windows program. Are these suppression messages stored in a file somewhere?

Comments

• LegacyForum
    edited March 2006
    You can use a local settings file (with the com.parasoft.eclipse.checker.core.report.suppressed_msgs property set to true) to have jtestcli or the GUI generate HTML reports that include suppressed messages. For more information about local settings files and properties, go to Help Contents > Jtest User's Guide > Tasks > Using the command line interface > Running command line interface...
  • LegacyForum
    I am using Jtest 7.5, Architect version. I just use the GUI. That help file information is greek to me. What configuration file to I have to modify to enable reports with suppression messages?
  • LegacyForum
    Create a text file that has the line
    CODE
    com.parasoft.eclipse.checker.core.report.suppressed_msgs=true

Once the configuration finishes running in the GUI and you click on the report button, browse to that text file under "Report Options". This will have Jtest refer to those local settings when generating the report.
  • LegacyForum
    I tried that and the report generated was no different than before - no suppression messages listed. There are suppression messages listed in the Suppression Messages view.
  • LegacyForum
    Did you open the developer reports (by clicking on the red author name links)?
  • LegacyForum
    I'm not sure what you mean. Is this a link in the html report itself? There is a single "unknown" link in the table with the Author and Tasks columns. It takes me to the breakdown of each rule violation on a per source-file basis.
  • LegacyForum
    edited April 2006
    Yes, there are links in the manager report to open individual developer reports in a new browser window. If you have the com.parasoft.eclipse.checker.core.report.suppressed_msgs option set to true, the developer reports will list suppressions.

If this is still does not solve your issue, please email us at [email protected] and we can set up a desktop streaming session.
  • LegacyForum
    I posted this problem to tech support. They indicated that the Architect version of Jtest is not correctly displaying suppression messages. Change request PR53117 has been filed.
  • LegacyForum
    Where are the suppression messages for each project stored? I need to access them so I can export them to another Jtest installation.
  • LegacyForum
    edited April 2006
    The suppressions are stored in this folder for standalone (the path to com.parasoft... may be slightly different for plugin):

workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.parasoft.eclipse.util.core\props
  • LegacyForum
    Thanks. That worked.