Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

binary data coming back in response too large and it shows null

huiraym
huiraym Posts: 12

I have a test which is getting a response with some binary data. The binary data is too large and the traffic viewer response is showing null. When i manually run CURL, i see the binary data is coming back. Do you have cases where large data not showing properly in soa and how to fix it? Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭
    edited October 11

Which version of SOAtest are you using?
    In recent versions, the Traffic Viewer will show the binary data in a hexadecimal representation. In older versions, it attempts to show the binary data as text which is truncated at the first null character (0x0). Regardless, you can also capture the raw binary response payload to disk using a Write File tool.

• huiraym
    huiraym Posts: 12

Thanks Benken!!!

our version is 2021.2

After writing the binary to file, how do you usually check it as part of the automation process?

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭
    edited October 11

You can compare binary messages with the Diff tool. Select "Binary" for "Diff Mode". You don't necessarily have to write it to a file.

However, if you are working with a binary message format, like Avro or Protobuf or ISO 8583, then you would do something different. Parasoft has "message format" extensions for SOAtest that enable support for various binary message formats, enabling you to diff or perform assertions or extractions on an XML representation of the binary message.

Tagged