Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

soatest db tool to connect ms sqlserver

huiraym
huiraym Posts: 12
edited October 4 in SOAtest

Hi newbie here...
I am trying to configure soatest db tool to connect to sql server. My ssms is working fine but when use the same info to configure db tool, it is giving me error. I downloaded the latest microsoft jdbc driver for sql server and placed it in the workspace folder and added parasoft>preference>JDBC drivers to one of the 6 jar file. Appreciate some help please :(

Error Message:
The TCP/IP connection to the host [hostname], port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connection
refused: connect. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is
running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections
to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".: 08S01

Additional Details:
No additional details available

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭
    edited October 4

The error message shown by SOAtest actually comes directly from the Microsoft JDBC driver. "Connection refused: connect" is typically the message from java.net.ConnectException which is thrown if a TCP/IP connection could not be established, like the remote host/port is not accessible.

It could be any one of the reasons stated by the Microsoft JDBC driver:

Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.

Double check the host and port is correct. Look for typos. Check any firewall software you may be running in case it is blocking SOAtest from making TCP/IP connections.

• Matt Love
    Matt Love Posts: 97 admin

Hi Huiraym,

In your ssms under the Connection Properties tab which Network Protocol are you using?

Also, I suggest loading the mssql-jdbc-12.8.1.jre11.jar instead of the jre8.jar because SOAtest requires Java 11 or higher. However, I don't expect that this is the cause of your connection issue.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭

"Connection refused: connect" means the TCP/IP handshake isn't happening, like if the remote host is not listening on the specified port or if something is otherwise blocking the TCP/IP handshake. If there are other incorrect settings, like with encryption or authentication, then I'd expect a different error.

• huiraym
    huiraym Posts: 12

Thanks all. I managed to get it working...