Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Multiple data sources logging error

Options

I have created a table data source with list of values and other excel databanks parametrized to other fields. Sometime they run fine if we have only one databank. Any special steps to follow to have multiple databanks support the scenario and sub scenario of test suite.

Answers

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Is this question meant for SOAtest or Virtualize? From the screenshot it appears to be the quality task results from running a test case but this was posted into the Virtualize forums.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

If the XPath in your data bank doesn't match anything then the custom column isn't created and you will see "No Data Source column" errors like this.

If you are creating multiple data banks for different things, then make sure they are writing to custom columns with different names. Otherwise, the latter ones will overwrite whatever was saved earlier for that same column name.

• priyank_jaiswal
    Options

I will try to recreate xbank and redo mapping. If problem persists, will reachout again. Thanks for the response.

• priyank_jaiswal
    Options

@Wiiliammccusker - my bad, this is for soatest. i wrongly tagged as i didn't know the difference on how to use virtualise. So how is virtualise different to soatest? For every project created in soatest, will it create a same reference in virtualise to access it from any where? pls explain if possible.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

So how is virtualise different to soatest?

Virtualize is Parasoft's service virtualization product whereas SOAtest is for service/API testing (client emulation). You can review their respective product pages for detail:
    https://www.parasoft.com/products/parasoft-soatest/
    https://www.parasoft.com/products/parasoft-virtualize/

For every project created in soatest, will it create a same reference in virtualise to access it from any where?

SOAtest project files can be managed from the "Test Case Explorer" view in the workbench which is open by default in the SOAtest perspective. In contrast, Virtualize has a Virtual Asset Explorer which is open by default in the Virtualize perspective. Whether you can actually execute or create or configure SOAtest test cases depends on whether you have a SOAtest license. The same applies for Virtualize, where a Virtualize license is required to create or configure and deploy virtual assets.

It is possible to have one or the other or both tools installed at the same time.

• priyank_jaiswal
    Options

Thanks benken for clarification and details :)

• zermasroor
    zermasroor Posts: 2
    Options

Thank you! It was helping me while setting data for the client site.