Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Web app dropdown fields not populating

Options
Speedy993
Speedy993 Posts: 52

Problem populating dropdown fields in web app using SOATest 9.10.8. I have a web app that I created a number of tests in SOATest using Parasoft Recorder running in Chrome. After I imported it into SOATest I replaced the Fixed data that is input into the screen with Parameterized data from a data source table defined in SOATest. Sometimes the field (wizardForm:chargeAgency_input) will populate with the Select action on the field and the input parameterized from the table data source. Other times that does not work. Then sometimes I can populate a field by the Click action on the dropdown field that has a text like '--Select Gender--' as the default and other values like Male, Female, Unknown in the dropdown. So two methods of input that sometime work and sometime don't. I have not been able to determine why it works sometimes and other times not. Any ideas what might be happening or how to get this to consistently work?
Thanks!