Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Browser Validation

Options
Speedy993
Speedy993 Posts: 52

I am trying to validate an application webpage in SOATest. This test needs to validate that a particular column in a table to empty. Unfortunately, SOATest will either pass the test when there is a value in the column or complain that the XPath locator in wrong. In an earlier test I validated that there was a value in the field, I used this for the XPath Locator: //[@class="ui-panelgrid ui-widget ui-pnlGridCase"]/tbody/tr[2]/td[3]/table/tbody/tr/td/table/tbody/tr/td with the Expected Value contains a Fixed value.
For this empty field test I have tried the same Locator as well as variations down to this: //
[@class="ui-panelgrid ui-widget ui-pnlGridCase"]/tbody/tr[2]/td[3]. For the Expected Value I have tried is not present, equals empty string, starts with, less than empty string. I keep thinking that there is a simple solution that I am just somehow missing.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!