Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

SOAtest Create XML from multigroup XSD

Options
dgoedh
dgoedh Posts: 63

Hi,

When attempting to create an XML file using SOA test and XML Schema creation (with XSD and datasource containing the contents), I end up with one test per group of XML (header, body, subheader etc.). I can attach a Write File to each of them and append to the same XML output file. The result however is an XML file that is NOT wellformed, because some end tags are missing from the first groups, that should be appended at the very end.

Is there a better way (tool) to manage the creating of more complex XML structures within SOA test to generate a well formed XML file? (something like "XML merge")

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Daniel

Tagged:

Answers

• dgoedh
    dgoedh Posts: 63
    Options

Hi, the problem was caused by my XSD which contains multiple <xs:element name= ... tags. SOAtest does create a separate test for each of them. Luckily I could get hold of the correct XSD for my desired XML output and could proceed with only one test.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Regards,
    Daniel