Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Export test results from Quality Tasks - requesting guidance

lshiv
lshiv Posts: 1

Hi, please let me know how to export the test results in an excel or text file from SOATest's Quality Tasks window. I tried copy pasting the entire contents on to an Excel sheet but the results are not extracted in the way to perform further actions.

Comments

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Hi Ishiv,

there is no export feature in SOAtest's Quality Tasks view.
    All tasks can be saved as XML report when you execute tests from command line.

--
    Ireneusz Szmigiel
    http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin

You could generate an HTML report and try copy-pasting from there - I don't think it will produce perfect Excel content but it might be better. And it will likely support text format better.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Quality Tasks has a table view. I could be wrong, but I think being able to copy and paste into Excel was one of the reasons why it was added.

First, open the Configure Contents dialog from the small sub menu (down arrow) in the tool bar for the Quality Tasks view:

Next, select SOAtest Default Layout (or whichever layout you want to modify) then select Table View instead of Tree view:

Now, you will see Quality Tasks in a tabular format that you can copy and then paste into Excel: