Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to write a Tear down groovy script with maven dependent classes

Options
Sourabh25
Sourabh25 Posts: 37
edited March 2018 in SOAtest

Hi,

I have a tear down script which is as below:

From Soatest perspective if i add the java project in the system properties, it identifies the jar files and the groovy script execute fines.

But how can I do it from Java perspective with a maven command. For instance, in the above code LoggerMainImpl class is the one I am getting from the maven dependency.

Tagged:

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options

Can you please see the earlier response from @jakubiak?
    https://forums.parasoft.com/discussion/3530/how-to-use-soatest-extension-tool-with-maven

When driving test execution from soatestcli or from the Parasoft maven plugin, you must specify jars in your localsettings.properties file. There is no option to automatically pick up jars from dependencies in a maven pom.xml. However, without listing jars in the localsettings.properties file, SOAtest will automatically pick up any jars added to any /TestAssets/system_jars folder in the workspace.

In case this helps, if you would like to dump all the dependencies (including transitive ones) to a folder then you can run a maven command like this:
    mvn dependency:copy-dependencies -DincludeScope=runtime -DoutputDirectory=system_jars

• Sourabh25
    Options

Thanks @benken_parasoft and @jakubiak . I followed that i need to add the path of the jars in the localsettings file.
    Now the next question is can we make this path generic so that with maven command i can execute it on any machine? Kindly let me know if this can be done.

• benken_parasoft
    edited March 2018
    Options

Now the next question is can we make this path generic so that with maven command i can execute it on any machine?

You can use variables in the paths in your localsetings file, including one called "env_var" which can reference shell/environment variables. For example, ${env_var:HOME}/path/to/somejar.jar. Some are described in Using Variables in Preference Settings.

Alternatively, I've also seen users have a localsettings property file that is a template, where they use a little script to perform their own string/token replacements to generate the final version with final values/paths injected as a step prior to executing soatestcli.

• Sourabh25
    Options

Hi,

I tried the suggestions given in the above comment but i could not implement it. Please see below the requirement.

I am able to point to the files using the below entries in the localsettings
    system.properties.classpath=C:\Users\!username\parasoft\workspace\dynamite\Automation_Code;C:\Users\username\.m2\repository\com\abc\selenium\logtransactions\1.6-SNAPSHOT\logtransactions-1.6-SNAPSHOT.jar

However, when I am attempting to parametrize it using the below entries
    system.properties.classpath=${project_loc}\..\dynamite\Automation_Code;${env_var:USERPROFILE}\.m2\repository\com\abc\selenium\logtransactions\1.6-SNAPSHOT\logtransactions-1.6-SNAPSHOT.jar
    it is not working.

Could someone please let me know what I am doing wrong here

• benken_parasoft
    edited March 2018
    Options

"project_loc" takes a parameter. For example, ${project_loc:NameOfMyProject}. The name of your project should appear in the .project file next to the pom.xml

Please also recall that this is a java properties file where backslash is an escape character. Any backslashes in file paths need to be escaped with an extra backslash. Alternatively, using forward-slash in file paths instead of backslash also generally works.

• Sourabh25
    edited March 2018
    Options

Thanks a lot @benken_parasoft . With implementing the above comments, it is working.