Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Announcing C/C++test 10.3.4

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited August 2018 in C/C++test

This week we release C/C++test 10.3.4 (available now on the customer portal). This is a service pack release including both new/enhanced static analysis rules as well as several bug fixes - for full details and a list of all updated rules please check out the release notes @ https://docs.parasoft.com/display/CPPDESKE1034/Updates+in+10.3.4.

This release also includes updated compiler, IDE and OS support
* Green Hills Software Compiler for PPC 2017.1.x
* Visual Studio 2017
* Eclipse 4.7
* Windows Server 2016

Comments

• zebadee
    zebadee Posts: 5

Hi
    I am installing C++test 10.3.4 to a machine with visual studio 2017 installed - however the tab does not appear in Visual Studio 2017.
    Do you have any pointers for me to check as to why the installation does not work? There are no errors given through the installation
    Thanks

• Andrey Madan
    Andrey Madan Posts: 388 ✭✭✭

@zebadee : Stupid question: which distribution of C++Test are you installing (there are more then one) ? can you share the name of the executable ?

• zebadee

thanks for the reply. we are using parasoft_cpptest_desktop_10.3.4_win32_vs.exe

• Bogdan Czwartkowski
    Bogdan Czwartkowski Posts: 157 admin

@zebadee,

You may need to verify all prerequisites for integration of C++test into VS.2017. In particular, some VS.2017 workloads need to be installed into the IDE for C++test to work.
    Here are the details:
    https://docs.parasoft.com/display/CPPDESKV1034/IDE+Support

• zebadee

Thanks for the reply - Yes, I have all those configured already as part of the general Visual Studio build

• Jromero
    Jromero Posts: 28

@zebadee most likely it must have to do with admin rights, do you install the plugin? what set of permissions do you have? Try to ask the IT/admin to installed for you if you can.
    Another customer experienced the same use-case and it was due to permissions it won't hurt if you take that route, since you already check the primary and principal setup installation and everything seems ok.

• zebadee

I am an administrator on the machine (it's connected to a domain), I have also tried it as local admin.

I have tried to install using the default option "Add Parasoft C++ test plug-in to the main visual studio configuration" - this runs through the installation fine but the tab isn't visible in Visual Studio - neither immediately nor after a reboot.

If I go with the other option "Add Parasoft C++ test plug-in into a separate Visual Studio Configuration", I receive the following errors twice each
    "xtest.setup.vstudio.exe has stopped working"
    "Parasoft Test registration failed"
    The installation completes despite the errors and when I try and launch the Parasoft Visual Studio option from the start menu it still doesn't have the Parasoft tab.

Very frustrating :-(

• zebadee

I have also tried with anti-virus disabled and all group policies blocked - same results

• Jromero
    Jromero Posts: 28

@zebadee I apologize for the frustration, customer support will contact you to help remediate this issue and gather all the necessary details.

• CallMeRyanP
    CallMeRyanP Posts: 2

This version of C++Test skips every file during static analysis using VS2010 and chokes on all includes in VS2017. C++Test 9.6 worked out of the box. Is this a known issue?