Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Greenhills C++11

chrlee
chrlee Posts: 3

Has anybody had any success using Parasoft 10.3 with Greenhills 2016.5.4 using the --c++11 compiler flag. For some reason even though the project file (.gpj) that is used to import the project settings has that flag it gets left out when I look at the console messages. Once c++11 code is encountered I see errors in the console related to the C++ 11 syntax.

An example of a specific console error message is:
<path\filename>, line : error: expected either a definition or a tag name
enum class : short
^
In the console there is a line that shows all the parameters for the unit being checked, I see everything I expected except the --c++11, in fact I put -Oc++11 in the .gpj just to see if it catches that bad input and got a message back in the console suggesting that I meant to put --c++11.

Comments

• JoshScoggins
    JoshScoggins Posts: 20
    edited May 2018

Which architecture is your GHS compiler targeting? Also, what is your exact Parasoft C++test version as 10.3 refers to several different potential versions.

• chrlee

Thanks for the Reply.

I am targeting a PPC (selecting PPC v.2013.1.x family for Greenhills Compilier).
    Going to the Help->About shows me Parasoft version 10.3, however the console log shows a DTP Engine version of 10.3.3. Not sure where else to look for the Parasoft version information.

• DanielDominguez
    DanielDominguez Posts: 10

Off the top of my head I don't believe the 2013 compiler was a C++-11 capable compiler, so C++Test is not prepared for the c++-11 flag for that version. However, we will be releasing support for the GHS PPC 2017 compiler with the upcoming C++Test 10.4 release, which is C++-11 enabled.

• JoshScoggins
    JoshScoggins Posts: 20

That is correct, GHS PPC 2013.1 is not a c++11 capable compiler so that compiler configuration will not work correctly for your version.

• chrlee

Well that would explain my problems then :-)
    It sounds like I will need to upgrade to 10.4 when it is available.
    Thank you both for your input on this problem.