Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to output that a test was skipped to the report.xml

jsonify
jsonify Posts: 2

Is it possible to output as an attribute or xml node that a particular test was skipped, to the generated report.xml file? I need to be able to capture that step/test that was skipped in a loop.

Thank you.

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

The report xml/html should encapsulate this information. You can try enabling more detail for individual test cases. In the Parasoft preferences under Reports, enable "Overview of checked files and executed tests" and disable "Only top-level test suites".

• jsonify
    jsonify Posts: 2

Thank you. After making the suggested preference changes, in the following report.xml, I'm still struggling to find where the "skipped" test steps are being acknowledged in the XML.

https://pastebin.com/gh1V90qD

Any advice?

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Hmm, I think you are right. In the XML report, I only see Test and TestCase elements for passing and failing tests. If I have a test that is skipped, because of test flow logic for example, then it doesn't show up at all. If I have a test that is sometimes skipped in certain iterations then I only see TestCase elements for the iterations that it passed or failed. Probably a product limitation.