How to create a maven project for soatest and excute it

Sourabh25Sourabh25 Posts: 37

Hi, I am trying to create a maven test with parasoft soatest. Now i dont know how to execute .tst tests with maven test command. Kindly help me on this

Tagged:

Comments

• Sourabh25Sourabh25 Posts: 37
    edited March 2018

i followed that but I am getting the below error:

[ERROR] Cannot run program "soatestcli": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

• jakubiakjakubiak Posts: 517 admin

It sounds like the path to where SOAtest is installed is not defined. Did you specify -Dparasoft.soatest.home="PATH TO SOATEST INSTALL" as mentioned in step 3 in the forums post that I referenced?

Yes, I missed that part. so do i need to add the part -Dparasoft.localsettings="PATH TO LOCALSETTINGS FILE".
    Also what is the meaning of this

false
    soatest.builtin://Demo Configuration

I dont understand this so idid not added this in my pom

I am getting the below error:

T E S T S

Running com.abc.parasoft.Orion_Middleware_ProposalService.AppTest
    Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec

Results :

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0

[INFO]
    [INFO] --- maven-parasoft-plugin:3.0:soatest (soatest-test) @ ---
    [INFO] Deleting C:\Users!FRICT~1\AppData\Local\Temp\parasoft.workspace
    soatestcli: Version 9.10.0.20161130 -- Copyright (C) 2016 Parasoft Corporation
    soatestcli: Version 9.10.0.20161130 -- Copyright (C) 2016 Parasoft Corporation
    [SOAtest] 03/14 12:37:55 AM Shutting down current deployments.
    03/14 12:37:55 AM Shutting down current deployments.
    [SOAtest] 03/14 12:37:55 AM Shutdown of deployments finished.
    03/14 12:37:55 AM Shutdown of deployments finished.
    log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.registry.ProjectRegistryRefreshJob).
    log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
    ERROR: Error: No valid license (MachineId: WIN32-4262b250)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=160m; support was removed in 8.0
    [ERROR] SOAtest exited [Error Code: 134]
    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
    [INFO] Total time: 02:11 min
    [INFO] Finished at: 2018-03-14T00:37:59-04:00
    [INFO] Final Memory: 18M/44M
    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal Parasoft:maven-parasoft-plugin:3.0:soatest (soatest-test) on project ProposalService: Build failed with exit code 134 -> [Help 1]
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
    [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
    [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

• ERROR: Error: No valid license (MachineId: WIN32-4262b250)

It means that the license configuration in local settings file is incorrect or configured license is not sufficient for CLI.
    Make sure you have proper license (link):

The command line mode requires a command line interface license (available with SOAtest Automation Edition)

CLI is there. It is working manually.Also My license seems to be fine as I am able to execute the soatest test.

• Ireneusz SzmigielIreneusz Szmigiel Posts: 203 ✭✭

@Sourabh25

Where do you have your license?You said: is there..What it means?
    SOAtest tells you: No valid license (MachineId: WIN32-4262b250)

How did you pass license or which license server should be used?

You have to add all mentioned parameters to pom and also run maven as explained here

-Dparasoft.localsettings="PATH TO LOCALSETTINGS FILE usually points to localsettings file which contains license or License Server details.

soatest.builtin://Demo Configuration - means which Test Configuration will be using during maven execution

false as value for clean - means do not perform workspace initialization/cleaning. See here

--
    Ireneusz Szmigiel
    http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

So do I need to create this test configuration. Could you please let me know how can i create this test configuration?

@Sourabh25
    you don't have to create such Test Configuration.
    soatest.builtin://Demo Configuration - means that such configuration is builtin, delivered with SOAtest. If you see error: no such Test Configuration, then there are few options: you have misspelled Test Configuration name or you have broken installation of SOAtest or you are trying to use Test Configuration from different section: User or Team.

For more information about Test Configurations see here and here

--
    Ireneusz Szmigiel

@Sourabh25
    you don't have to create such Test Configuration.
    soatest.builtin://Demo Configuration - means that such configuration is builtin, delivered with SOAtest. If you see error: no such Test Configuration, then there are few options: you have misspelled Test Configuration name or you have broken installation of SOAtest or you are trying to use Test Configuration from different section: User or Team.

For more information about Test Configurations see here and here

--
    Ireneusz Szmigiel

edited March 2018

Finally I am able to run one SOAtest today from maven. Thanks to each one of the above who helped me to achieve that