Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Facing 404 not found error using Responder correlation in SV9.10.2

Options

Hi Team,

Facing 404 not found error When using CDATA(Ex:TransactionID) element Xpath to enable correlation under request body responder correlation in virtualize 9.10.2

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create SOAP responder and paste the response(attached file) in the literal view and change it to form XML
2. Navigate to the Responder Correlation-> Request Body-> Check Enable correlation
3. Click on Add and change it to literal view and paste the request(attached file) and then navigate to tree view.
4. Select the TransactionType and click on Ok.
5. Now create SOAP Client and paste the request(in attached file) in the client and paste the VA URL(http://localhost:9080/Try) in the ENDPOINT under Transport.
6. Run the SOAP Client
7. Will find the below Error message once test has ran
Error Message:
Received HTTP Response Code 404: Not Found

Additional Details:
Could not find a valid Message Responder to respond to this request.
Be sure you have a Message Responder with correlation criteria that match this message.
1 virtual asset attempted to process this request:
Try
MR
Correlation type: Transport
Disabled : true
Correlation type: Request Body
[criteria=local-name(/Request/*[2])="TransactionID", expected=true, actual=false, results=false]

Request :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Request><BankID>89</BankID><TransactionID/><TransactionType/><ServiceType>SEWA</ServiceType><ConsumerNumber>0034925251</ConsumerNumber><TransactionDateStamp>12/12/2017 01:34:23</TransactionDateStamp><ChannelID>WWW000000000002</ChannelID></Request>

Attached is the PVA and tst.

Please help me to resolve the issue. Thanks in advance

Regards,

Lavanya.

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    Options

You will need a different XPath. CDATA is just a text node which in your case just happens to be another XML document. The embedded XML document would first need to be extracted with one XPath expression and then processed by a second XPath Expression. I have an idea about how to change the XPath for your correlation but will need to verify. I will post a followup if/when I'm able to make a concrete suggestion.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

You probably want something like this:

parse-xml(/*:Envelope/*:Body/*:RequestService/*:inputXml/text())/Request/TransactionID/text()

First, you must parse the "inputXML" text node as an XML document using "parse-xml" XPath function. Next, you extract Request/TransactionID/text() (or whatever you need) from that nested document. Hope this makes sense

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Thank you @benken_parasoft. parse-xml-fragment helps to resolve the issue.