Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to execute a single test case or test suite for defined time limit.

Parasofttoudaya
Parasofttoudaya Posts: 232 ✭✭

Team,

I have a scenario, where i need to execute a test for 10mins. I can complete thru using Suite level variable and script. But wanted to know the tools feature to achieve it.

I see there is an option to give max no.of loops, but looking for time limit specified option

Regards
Udaya

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

Parasoft Load Test is intended for this type of scenario. Load Test can be configured to do what you describe.

• Parasofttoudaya

Yup, But i have other dependencies. This is kind of functional test case which requires multiple transactions..

Note: Only single instance is fine, there will be a delay for 30 seconds which other system will processing that request mean time.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

Being able to run functional tests repeatedly for a specified duration is provided by Parasoft Load Test, not SOAtest. You will need Parasoft Load Test for this.

Parasoft SOAtest is not intended for what you describe. However, I will say that pretty much anything is possible in scripting, provided you are able to write the code you require.

For example, you could configure a test suite to loop based on a test suite variable. You could have an Extension tool log a start time and have another Extension tool in your loop check the elapsed time and conditionally change the variable's value to terminate the loop. I don't have an example for you but just mentioning what you could do, at a high level.

However, you really should be using Parasoft Load Test.

• Parasofttoudaya

Thanks for your response. I will prefer to use LT, else will go with scripting option.