Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Run python script using external tool

anusha
anusha Posts: 13

I want to run python script using external tool, i have place python.exe in executable and MIME type as application/output, input as simple helo python statement. MIME type as text/python. Please let me know the configurations, while running it is stopping at 47% of test configuration

Comments

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

Hi anusha,

could you share screenshots with External Tool configuration?
    With External Tool you should provide python script name in Argument column, not in Input tab.
    How did you setup an MIME type as application/output?
    Following configuration works on my side:

Ireneusz Szmigiel

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

Please let me know the configurations, while running it is stopping at 47% of test configuration

Running an external tool should behave the same as running it outside of SOAtest. If the script is still running then perhaps it was never told to exit. For example, perhaps make sure your script has a call to exit() at the end. Otherwise, to determine why python or your script isn't doing what you expect, you would probably need to check the console (stdout/stderr) output from the process for clues. You can chain an Edit tool to the External tool's Console output, for example.