Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Integration of parasoft soatest with pymongo

anusha
anusha Posts: 13

I have tried connecting to mongo db. using mongo db query tool, it is not working because of configurations from database, I would like to use pymongo to connect to mongo db. Please let me know the steps. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

What error do you see when trying to connect with mongo db using query tool?
    You may see the same errors when you will use pymongo.
    Pymongo is a module for python, so you should be able to use python scripts in Extension Tool.

I just checked MongoDb Query Tool from maketplace.parasoft.com and it works as expected:

• anusha

using mongo db query tool am able to connect to other databases, but am not able to connect to one particular database because it should accept ssl invalid certificates, I don't know where to give this option.

• anusha

I am getting authentication failed while connecting but am able to connect to mongo using cmd.

• anusha

Regarding pymongo module, am trying to add egg files but am not getting a way to do it.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

but am not able to connect to one particular database because it should accept ssl invalid certificates

The MongoDB Query Tool is configured to trust all SSL certificates. Aside from making sure you have the "Use SSL" field set to true, it would be helpful if you could share the error with us. Without having more information, the only other thing that might affect SSL is that Java disables some insecure security algorithms by default. You can configure this in the java.security file (for example, C:\Program Files\Parasoft\Test\9.10 for SOAtest & Virtualize\plugins\com.parasoft.xtest.jdk.eclipse.core.win32.x86_64_1.8.0.102\jdk\jre\lib\security\java.security). In particular, there is jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms and jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms properties which you could try commenting out. However, it is hard to say exactly what you should do without knowing what error you are getting.