Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

ClassCastException when using Event Monitor with IBM WebSphere Enterprise Service Buss platform

areyesy
areyesy Posts: 7

I'm trying to create an Event Monitor test with the IBM WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus platform. I'm getting this error:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.corba.se.impl.orb.ORBImpl cannot be cast to com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ORB

Under Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs I added the IBM Websphere JRE and I have it checked. Is there more I need to do for the IBM JRE to take effect?

Do you know what I'm missing or doing wrong?

Tagged:

Comments

• areyesy

Also, I'm running WebSphere 8.5.5.9

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

"Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs" configures setttings for the Java Developer Toolkit (JDT) that comes with SOAtest. This does not affect other things, including Parasoft components.

SOAtest includes Oracle Java which it runs with by default. If you need to run SOAtest with IBM Java 8, for example, you must start it with a "-Zjava_home" argument as follows:
    soatest.exe -Zjava_home "C:\ibm_sdk80"

Additionally, depending on what version of SOAtest you are running, you may also need to pass:
    -J-Dorg.osgi.framework.bootdelegation=org.apache.xerces.*

• areyesy

The -Zjava_home switch seemed to work. I'm not getting the ClassCastException any more.

I'm using SoaTest & Virtualize v9.10. I didn't need the -J switch.

Tagged