Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Couldn't find Jar file for dependency soatest-cucumber & error in POM xml

Options
Nitzi
Nitzi Posts: 19

As part of integrating SOATEST with Cucumber, the jar files for dependencies junit, cucumber-java8, cucumber-junit & soatest-cucumber is required to build maven project.
But
Unfortunately I am not able to find the Jar file for soatest-cucumber due to which I am seeing lot of errors while building the maven project. Please someone share the file/link.

Additionally getting below error in POM:

Multiple annotations found at this line:
- ArtifactDescriptorException: Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.parasoft:soatest-cucumber:jar:0.0.1: ArtifactResolutionException: Could not transfer artifact
com.parasoft:soatest-cucumber:pom:0.0.1 from/to Parasoft (http://build.parasoft.com/maven/): Access denied to http://build.parasoft.com/maven/com/parasoft/soatest-cucumber/0.0.1/
soatest-cucumber-0.0.1.pom. Error code 403, Forbidden
- Missing artifact junit:junit:jar:4.12
- Missing artifact info.cukes:cucumber-junit:jar:1.2.5
- Missing artifact info.cukes:cucumber-java8:jar:1.2.5
- Missing artifact info.cukes:cucumber-java:jar:1.2.5

System Specs:
Parasoft SOATEST 9.6
Eclipse Platform- 3.7.2 (I think its Indigo)

Thanks,
Nitin

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

Access denied to http://build.parasoft.com/maven/com/parasoft/soatest-cucumber/0.0.1/ soatest-cucumber-0.0.1.pom. Error code 403, Forbidden

Can you access this in your web browser? I can access all the files there successfully without HTTP error response. Are you using a proxy or something that might be blocking access from your network? You can also try accessing that URL in Eclipse's Internal Web Browser (Window> Show View> Other...> General> Internal Web Browser).

If you resolve the issue on your side then you can force m2e to attempt re-download by selecting the project then right-click> Maven> Update Project... then select "Force Update of Snapshots/Releases" and click OK.

• benken_parasoft
    edited October 2017
    Options

I'm starting to wonder if maybe you are in a high security situation, like US government or something. :) Such organizations typically can't update tools very often (SOAtest 9.6 is very old) and have highly restricted access to external hosts (build.parasoft.com). I was able to access build.parasoft.com with no issue from public network, I just tried from my cell phone.

• Nitzi
    Nitzi Posts: 19
    Options

Heya Benken.... Your intuition was right I am indeed in a high security network as I can't access build.parasoft.com in my network but can access outside of it. Will try to resolve it from my end.
    Another thing about the remaining Missing Artifact error, I have the jar files in the user-home/.m2 repository locations but still I a getting this error... Any thoughts on this?

• benken_parasoft
    Options

I have never attempted to manually construct my ~/.m2/repository manually. Typically, maven populates that as part of resolving dependencies. You would need more than the jar in there. On my local machine, I see the following under ~/.m2/repository/com/parasoft/soatest-cucumber/0.0.1:
    _remote.repositories
    soatest-cucumber-0.0.1.jar
    soatest-cucumber-0.0.1.jar.sha1
    soatest-cucumber-0.0.1.pom
    soatest-cucumber-0.0.1.pom.sha1

Additionally, soatest-cucumber depends on com.parasoft.api.rest.client from build.parasoft.com. Both of them depend on more than a few third party opensource libraries artifacts from maven central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/ ). You need all artifacts and all dependencies resolved, present in your local maven repository.

Like I said, I've never attempted to manually construct my ~/.m2/repository manually. Perhaps you could try building your project on another host that does have access then copy ~/.m2/repository from that machine to the other one that doesn't have direct access.

After you have your dependencies resolved, you'll likely need to clean and rebuild the project in Eclipse. You could try clicking "Maven> Update Project..." again but probably with "Clean Projects" checked and with "Force Updates" unchecked this time. Before doing that, you'll also want to remove build.parasoft.com repository from your project's pom.xml, since you can't reach that.