Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Test Suite Reporting options

Parasofttoudaya
Parasofttoudaya Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi Team,
I have main test suite Test case which calls separate sub test suite, based on the response.
I don't want to report the Sub Test case execution report, Because we waned to know the exact failures.
is there any way to control it?

Note: Sub Test suite is assertion test suite, execution count based on the main test case response

Test Suite Main
Test client1
Test client2
Test client3
TestSuite - Test client1Validation
TestSuite - Test client2Validation
TestSuite - Test client3Validation

Regards
Udaya

Comments

• Parasofttoudaya

Any update on this?

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Your use case is not clear to me. Can you be more specific as to what tests should be called when? I am assuming you will want to use Test Suite Logic to set this up but it's not entirely clear.

• Parasofttoudaya
    edited September 2017

In this screenshot, Scenario: EnrollmentAPI is main test suite, In which
    Each test will generate response, which will be written to writable data source.

Written data will get validated in the validation test suite. For each test in the main test suite.

Main is getting executed only once, validation will execute depends on the record retrieved in the response.

Failure on validation resulting many no.of testcases failed.. wanted to report only main testsuite results.

• jakubiak

Which test cases are failing that you don't want to be reported? In your screenshot it appears all tests passed so it's not clear to me which failures you don't want to report.

• Parasofttoudaya
    edited September 2017

Validation part, "Scenaio : ValidatePostEligibleProduct"
    That validation test suite has multiple test to validate the response.

• jakubiak

If a test or test suite gets executed, it will report results. There is no way to prevent reporting results if a test gets executed. If there are tests that you don't want to get executed, then you need to use test suite logic to control when they get run. Please review the documentation and other forums posts for how to use test suite logic. If that still doesn't help, I would recommend contacting Parasoft support, since your scenario seems to be very specific and I am having a hard time understanding exactly what you want to happen.