Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

is it possible to use writable datasource to loop thru the inner test Suite.

Parasofttoudaya
Parasofttoudaya Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi Team,

I have TestSuite1 and TestSuite2.
In one of the test client in TestSuite1 generates the input to the writable data source in TestSuite2.

will it possible to make TestSuite2 to run based on the data available in writable datasource??

I tried and it didn't workout for me, even though writable datasource has 5 rows Testsuite2 is getting executed for only one time :(

Regards
Udaya

Comments

• OmarR
    OmarR Posts: 233 admin

Is TestSuite2 iterating through all 5 rows in a single run or is it simply running for the first entry in the writable dataSource? Please check the traffic viewer from the second client to confirm.

• Parasofttoudaya
    Parasofttoudaya Posts: 232 ✭✭

Its not relating to writable data source at all, Also the data from writable data source is unavailable in second test suite. ( No Data Source column named
    PosEligibleResponse: ProductID).

But it loops thru based on the testSuite1 Data Source.

Regards
    Udaya

• OmarR
    OmarR Posts: 233 admin

You may need to configure your Parent Suite to run your tests as a group. Try enabling the option "Tests run as group" in Parent Suite>Test Execution>Test Relationship.