Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Extracting redirectHtml from JSON response and opening the page in a browser

aa_dfw
aa_dfw Posts: 4

I have a test case that spans from Rest client to web browser. My first test is a REST client output of which I need to pass to the browser.
JSON response from the Rest client contains an element with html content. So e.g { "RedirectHTML": "…….”}.
This is the html I need to open from a browser in order to perform some further testing.
I am saving the element from REST response into a JSON Data bank: “Test 1: RedirectHTML”.
I need help with figuring out how to use that data bank element and open that html page in a browser. I think the browser tool expects a URL to be passed and not the html.

Comments

• Ramiro Martinez
    Ramiro Martinez Posts: 53 admin

Hi aa_dfw,

Is there a particular reason why you need to perform a browser test on the html?
    Would an XML assertion on the HTML XML not fit your scenario?
    The general format would be as follows:

The XML transformer would extract "content only" of the incoming response's html element.

This would lead to your chained XML assertor, which will have the html as the Expected XML .

From this step, navigate to configuration and add whichever assertions are needed for your data. Further details on the XML asserter can be found by navigating to:
    Help>Help Content