Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How are authors/users defined in DTP server with regards to violations?

ByronPhung
ByronPhung Posts: 13

In the most common case, we will see the Subversion username as the Author/Assigned To for our projects hosted on Subversion repositories. However, in some cases, we noticed inconsistencies - sometimes full names are used instead of Subversion usernames. For example, instead of "bphung", the auto-completed username would show up as "Byron Phung" instead. Knowing that some names are auto-completed by full name rather than username, we also noticed that we can't search every user, e.g., if LDAP is connected to DTP, not every LDAP user is searchable.

What officially defines an author/user in the DTP server, i.e., how does someone formally appear in the auto-complete field?

Is it possible to assign violations to a general DTP user who has access but was not originally detected in the build like an LDAP user, for example?

Best Answer

Answers

• Jromero
    Jromero Posts: 28

Hi @ByronPhung

What officially defines an author/user in the DTP server, i.e., how does someone formally appear in the auto-complete field?

Full complete name comes from the XML report - Byron Phung
    Abbreviate login/username come from User Administration/LDAP

Is it possible to assign violations to a general DTP user who has access but was not originally detected in the build like an LDAP user, for example?
    In order to assign a violation to a user, user must be available in User Administration and must be a member/leader of the Project.

• ByronPhung

@Jromero Thank you so much for the confirmation! I've tested this and you are correct to say that the user must be a member/leader of the project.

However, I noticed that I can only assign the violation and view the user via their login name, e.g., myLoginName@domain.com vs. First Last. The login names do have their first name and surnames associated with their login.

Does the full complete name ONLY come from the XML report, or is it possible to get the full name associated for project members as well?

• ByronPhung

@JeehongMin I greatly appreciate the clarification. With that said, specifying an assignee to a violation has been working with adding members to the project as you and @Jromero described. However, it only works if I search by login name (byronp@domain.com, for example) instead of being able to search by the clean name (Byron Phung). It also only displays it purely as the login name instead of the clean name when browsing violations.

Is this by design to only display & search by login/username or is there a way to have the search done by the clean name for users who are members of a project but are not initially identified in the XML report?

• JeehongMin
    JeehongMin Posts: 35 ✭✭

You should be able to search by both login name and "clean name" if both are known to DTP. Try typing and let the auto complete do the search.

For members of a project, the login/username is used by design.

• ByronPhung

@JeehongMin This only works for assignees also identified via the XML report upon publishing, excluding members of projects who were not identified in the publishing process. However, I will close this discussion as a "by design" situation.

Thank you so much for all of your help, @JeehongMin and @Jromero!