Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Can you use a template file to remember correlation criteria?

CoreyG
CoreyG Posts: 3

I created a .pva from recorded traffic (Generate parameterized) and it asks me to put in the request correlation for a few of the responders. Is there a way to use the template file to remember the correlation so I do not have to do it manually if I want to recreate the asset in the future? It sounds like this is supported, but I am not having any luck getting it to work.

Tagged:

Answers

• OmarR
    OmarR Posts: 233 admin
    edited July 2017

Hello CoreyG,
    In the Generate-Parameterized-Messages wizard, there is an option to provide a Template file. Once applied, the following wizard pages should be populated with the Template settings.

• CoreyG
    edited July 2017

Hi Omar,
    Thanks for the reply. I am able to generate the template, but when I apply the template to a new asset with the same traffic file I still have to configure the correlation criteria. (note the correlation was setup for the asset that I generated the template from. In addition I see things related to the correlation in the XML of the template.)

• keegan_chan
    keegan_chan Posts: 59 ✭✭

For your scenario, after you click "OK" in this dialog, the "Finish" button on the wizard should be enabled, because it will apply the data source correlation settings from the template. Thus, you wouldn't need to go through the data source correlation screens again for these groups.

• CoreyG

I tried that. When I apply the template it does not save and of my correlation criteria. Is there something else I need to do?

• keegan_chan
    keegan_chan Posts: 59 ✭✭

Please clarify what you mean by it does not save all of your correlation criteria. Do you mean you don't see what you expect in some steps of the wizard? If so, which step? Or do you mean you don't see what you expect in the resulting responders created?