Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Setting Environment variables and supply arguments

Options
becozlah
becozlah Posts: 10

Hi,

I am currently using the cpptest plugin v9.5 for Eclipse Luna on a RHEL 7.2 environment. My c++ application requires some command line arguments to be supplied, as well as me setting an environment variable for loading of shared libraries. Where do I set them?

In addition, somehow it is unable to find and read the test log. Any idea why?

Thanks in advance!

Console Log:

Running tests...
/home/user/.../Test.exe: error while loading shared libraries
...done
Reading test log...
Cannot find test log file /home/user/Parasoft/cpptest/9.5/workspace/.cpptest/Test/unit-data/..../cpptest_results.tlog
Please make sure that the test executable /home/user/.../Test.exe was built and run properly.
...failed.

Comments

• piotr
    piotr Posts: 36
    Options

Hello,

1. Setting environment variables

You should set-up all required environment variables before launching C++test/Eclipse IDE (in the console shell etc.)

In addition, if your project is of "CDT Managed C/C++ Project" type*, then you can configure environment variables directly in the IDE:
    Project Properties> C/C++ Build> Environment

(*) Be sure Project Properties> Parasoft> C++test> Build Settings> Options Source is set to "Use options from Managed C/C++ project"

2. Setting application command line arguments

When "Unit Testing" your code, C++test will call functions under tests directly - the application's main entry point will not be executed - so command line arguments are not relevant here.

When "Application Monitoring" your app, the command line arguments can be configured in Test Configuration> Execution> General> Execution Details> Application command line.

3. "Cannot find test log file" message

The test binary was not executed successfully - most probably because of "[...] error while loading shared libraries", so the test log could not be created. Please be sure the environment is set-up correctly (see #1).