Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Virtualize 9.9.3 with all UI controls disabled on macOS Sierra 10.12.5

nikola
nikola Posts: 5
edited July 2017 in Virtualize

I've installed with no issues. When I start Virtualize, I get the screen to choose the workspace directory, but all controls are disabled and I can't continue. If I start from the command line like this "virtualize -data /Users/nikola/parasoft/virtualize_workspace", then the same screen doesn't show. The standard Eclipse screen is then shown instead, but I'm also not able to click anywhere.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Tagged:

Comments

• Ramiro Martinez
    Ramiro Martinez Posts: 53 admin

Hi Nikola,

Would you please try going through the steps provided in the attached PDF:

If you cannot access the PDF file, I have added the steps below:

SOAtest and/or Virtualize 9.9.3 is unresponsive on MAC OSX 10.11
    Parasoft Internal Notes
    Solution
    Details On Eclipse 4.5 and Mac OS X 10.11, there is a known issue with the workspace launcher freezing (becoming unresponsive)
    when Virtualize or SOAtest opens up. The workspace launcher is shown but is unresponsive even after clicking on
    the buttons to select a workspace. You are forced to close SOAtest or Virtualize.
    Solution:
    Launch Virtualize or SOAtest from the MAC terminal with -noSplash parameter and without modification to
    eclipse.ini. You will need to navigate to the install location and change directories into the Contents folder to be
    able to find the start up script. For example, the install location could be:
    .../Desktop/parasoft/[soatest/virtualize]/9.9/Parasoft
    [SOAtest/Virtualize].app/Contents/Parasoft[SOAtest/Virtualize]
    and then you just execute the following:
    ./virtualize -noSplash
    ./soatest -noSplash
    If you are not able to see the SOAtest or Virtualize launcher script, right click on the application and chose "Show
    Package Contents". From there, click on "Contents -> Parasoft(SOAtest/Virtualize)" and the launcher script will
    be located in the directory.

• nikola
    nikola Posts: 5

Hello Ramiro,

Running it with the "-nosplash" options solves it!

Thanks,

• Nikola
  • Sourabh25
    Sourabh25 Posts: 37

Hi,

I am trying to install Parasoft SOAtest & Virtualize on my mac with macOS High Sierra. I tried the above mentioned steps but still it is not resolving my issue. Any help would be highly appreciated

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

For High Sierra you will need a 9.10.x version because macOS made changes in High Sierra that caused the version of eclipse included in 9.9.x to completely stop working. I am running 9.10.3 on High Sierra just fine but 9.9.x definitely doesn't work on High Sierra.