Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

'Persist as relative path' attribute is not available for Reference environment and Extention Tool.

SunilDubey
SunilDubey Posts: 2

I am using Parasoft using Rest API. I need to uncheck 'Persist as relative path' in Reference Environment and Extention Tool while createing tst file.

I am not seeing any relative attribute for 'Persist as relative path' in order to uncheck.

Kindly Response.

Comments

• OmarR
    OmarR Posts: 233 admin
    edited June 2017

Hello SunilDubey,

The id field in fileLocation can be considered as the option for "Persist as relative path" since it points to a file relative to your workspace. The external field can be considered as the absolute path to the file. Therefore, using external in your request would be equivalent to "unchecking" the persist as relative path option.
    Example:

"file" : {
                "location" : {
                    "external" : "C:\\Users\\oramirez\\Documents\\SCRIPTS\\"
                }
            }

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

"Persist as relative path" checkbox in the UI only indicates whether the saved path is absolute or relative. In other words, only the path is saved and not the value of this box. So, you just need to save a relative path and not an absolute path (as described by Omar).

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

The SOAtest REST API only supports referencing files that exist within the workspace. You need to specify the id of a file that lives within the same workspace as the .tst file on the SOAtest server. The SOAtest desktop allows a user to specify a file that does not live within the workspace, and that is the only time that the REST API will return data in the external field that Omar referenced. However, the REST API does not allow you to configure the Extension Tool to point to a file outside the workspace. As @benken_parasoft mentioned, the "Persist as relative path" option makes no difference in this case since you will be specifying the id of a file within your workspace.