Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to do Environment portability for soap client?

Options

I want to work with 3 environments. For example production and test(sit1 and sit 2) environments.. In that case I have added the environment url in environment suit.. How to do parameterization in test ?

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

You can simply use the ${envVarName} syntax to reference it in your test.

• sunil_subramanian
    sunil_subramanian Posts: 40
    Options

I have given in environment table name as sit1 and in that value column I have given. The enpoint. When I make end point URL as parameterized and giving the URL as ${sit1}, then I'm not able to save the test .. When I'm trying to move cursor from that input box suddenly the value is disappeared... The data sours columns is poputing over there instead of environmental details

• jakubiak
    Options

It sounds like the field is set to Parameterized. Switch it to Fixed and then use the ${envVarName} syntax.

• sunil_subramanian
    Options

Thank you will try this one

• jakubiak
    Options

To clarify, environment variables to not appear in the drop-down when your field is set to Parameterized. Only data source, data bank, and test variables do. That is why it must be set to Fixed for environment variables.

• sunil_subramanian
    Options

Thank you @jakubiak its worked out