Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

any idea about initia set up for messaging client?

Options

when I gave only endpoint detail in transport, and transport as HTTP 1.1./HTTP1.0
when I tried with above configuration its throwing following fault code

Client.NoSOAPAction
WSWS3147E: Error: no SOAPAction header!

other than this do we need to do any configuration to get success response?

if any one knows about this -please let me know.

just I want to process a soap request and response.. If any knows please tell me how to do this..

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• OmarR
    OmarR Posts: 234 admin
    edited May 2017
    Options

Good morning,

I believe you are sending an incorrect soapAction header. Are you passing a payload in your request? In order for the soap service to respond, it will need the appropriate request header/payload to know what is being requested by the client.

• sunil_subramanian
    sunil_subramanian Posts: 40
    Options

Thank you for your valuable tips...

Just I want to execute a simple soap request without using WSDL/WADL... Using end point URL.. So what should I do to get response of the request.. And what are the steps and setup to be followed in transport tab??

Could you please help me in this??

• grigorb
    grigorb Posts: 17
    Options

In HTTP transport choose custom endpoint and put your endpoint URI, for getting response it depends from your service.
    For SOAP message you can try use default request Form View and change to Literal XML view then can compare the payload with your payload.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

You need to be using a SOAP Client, not a Messaging Client. The SOAP Client will configure various required things for you automatically, such as various HTTP headers, based on the configured SOAP version. One of the things the SOAP Client will help configure automatically is the SOAP Action. For SOAP 1.1 it is a SOAPAction header. For SOAP 1.2 it is optionally a parameter in the Content-Type header or might need to be specified in a WS-Addressing header in the SOAP envelope. Regardless, please use the SOAP Client, configure the correct SOAP version on the Misc tab, then configure the correct SOAP envelope in the Request tab. Having a WSDL is ideal, so that the SOAP Client knows how your message is supposed to be structured. However, without a WSDL, you can paste in a SOAP message in into the Request tab's Literal view.

I also highly recommend following the first few sections of the SOAtest tutorial which covers the basics of building scenarios for testing web services.

• sunil_subramanian
    Options

Thank you @grigorb ... So no need to give authentication details and headers separately right?? Am I correct??

• sunil_subramanian
    Options

@benken_parasoft thanks for you guidance... Could you please refer some links soatest tutorial...

As a beginner I have some doubt... If we are using soap client means do we need to give proxy details and header details ??

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

Click "Help > Help Contents > Parasoft SOAtest User's Guide > SOAtest Tutorial"

• sunil_subramanian
    Options

Thank you @benken_parasoft