Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

XSLT buggy

reactancexl
reactancexl Posts: 160

Sometimes when I add output XSLT right under a test suite ,sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I even changed it to a path that does not exist to introduce an error and it reads right over it. If i have it as a Test on its own I get premature end of file. I have other test suites where it works. Is there any kind of BKM when using this? thx

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

It might be helpful if you can attach an example to demonstrate the issue you describe. I'm not understanding what you mean by "I add output XSLT right under a test suite". You add a tool either as a test or as an output to a test. You can add a tool directly to a suite but you have to create a reference to it (as a test or as an output to a test).

The only other things I'd check would be to make sure the input to the XSLT Tool is XML. Otherwise, the tool will look disabled/grayed-out and won't run.

• reactancexl

Attached is a screenshot. The input is xml. We tried shutting down and restarting and still it will not work. I do have it working on another machine which is weird as wondering if there is some config etc that is different. thx

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

What is selected for "MIME type of output" in your External Tool (scroll to the very bottom)? The default is text/plain. Did you change that to text/xml?

Also, you may need to enable "Exit value indicates success".

• reactancexl

Good catch. It was set to text/plain instead of text/xml. It works now. Thx