Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to Change the java versions in parasoft soatest 9.9?

sravanthi
sravanthi Posts: 2

I am running my soatest 9.9 version with java 1.7. Now i have a requirement to run the java code (written in 1.8) using my soatest 9.9. I am getting problems with some or other versioning. What are the steps to follow to successfully change the java versions with out messing up things.

Thanks in advance, Sravanthi

Tagged:

Comments

• OmarR
    OmarR Posts: 233 admin
    edited January 2017

Hello Sravanthi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you wish to use your own JDK, you can do add "-Zjava_home " to your command-line arguments when starting your Parasoft tool.

E.g.,

"C:\.....\soatest.exe" -Zjava_home "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_xx"

You may add this in the target field within your tool's Properties:
    Note the double quotation marks!

• sravanthi
    sravanthi Posts: 2

Hi Omar,

Apologies for late msg.

Thanks for the info, yes i can setup this but didn't worked out.

so I downgraded my java version to 1.7 to make it work for the time being.

Thanks,
    Sravanthi

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Make sure that you put a space between -Zjava_home and the quoted path to the JDK or JRE folder.

• hpatel
    hpatel Posts: 16

I tried same kept Zjava_home as below, however getting "Version 1.7.0 of the JVM is not suitable for this product. version 1.8 or greater is required"

-Zjava_home "C:\Program Files\Parasoft\Test\9.9\plugins\com.parasoft.xtest.jdk.eclipse.core.win32.x86_64_1.7.0.76\jdk"

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Using a newer version of Java is generally OK whereas trying to downgrade may or may not be supported. Java 7 has been EOL for a couple years now. So, some users of older versions of SOAtest that included a Java 7 (or older) may need to use a newer Java to be able to load newer Java libraries for scripting or custom extensions. There should not be any reason to go in the opposite, to downgrade the java, because Java maintains compatibility.

• hpatel
    hpatel Posts: 16
    edited June 2017

@benken_parasoft i disgree with your comment reason, the jar file which i loaded in parasoft soatest is working fine with SOAtest 9.9(Java 1.7)... while the problem is only with SOATest 9.10(Java 1.8)... below is the exception i'm getting... so i have no other option that downgrading from 1.8 to 1.7

Error Message:
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/io/MalformedInputException class was not found, please make
    sure the appropriate jar files are on your CLASSPATH

Note: the reason i have to add this jar files in "parasoft> preferences> system property" is, to submit certain logs using JMS transport. another reason is i have opened my workspace on 9.10 so it won't work to open backward in 9.9 so i need to find out a solution for this.

thanks for any insight...